και συ, τεκνον; Аргументьі и Фактьі.
"But the liberal deviseth liberal things; and by liberal things shall he stand."
—Isaiah 32:8

Tuesday, April 04, 2006

nimium amentiae
more crazy

This is following Guamo's and Joel's lists. And, yes, I did just finish a bottle of wine, and yes, it was less than $5.00, and yes, I do have a test to write and quiz to take for my Cicero class--so, get out of my fricking grill. Only God can judge me...and he will...harshly.

Five greatest Americans heroes of all time...ever (in the order in which I, at the moment, think most important--ask me tomorrow if I agree)
1) William Jennings Bryant
2) Eugene V. Debs
3) Theodore Roosevelt
4) Isaac Asimov
5) Cesar Chavez

runners up...
George Clinton and the P. Funk Allstars, Alistair Cooke, Al Gore, Bartolome de las Casas, Malcom X, Tupac, Sequoyah, Ben Franklin, Elijah P. Lovejoy, Hunter S. Thompson, Glenn Miller, Franklin Delano Roosevelt, Meriwether Lewis, Adlai Stevenson, Lionel Barrymore, and good Thomas Jefferson

Five greatest American villains...of some time...sort of (in the order in which they spring into my head on this particular night after drinking a bottle of Sutter Home cheap @$$ wine)
1) George Wallace
2) John D. Rockefeller
3) Aaron Burr
4) J. Edgar Hoover
5) Curtis Le May

Sam Walton, Jefferson Davis, Fidel Castro, W. et amici, Nathan Bedford Forrest, Peter Stuyvesant, William Randolph Hearst, and evil Thomas Jefferson

3 helpful remarks:

Blogger Joel Swagman shared...

dividing Thomas Jefferson into good and evil halfs is a nice touch. Wish I would have thought of that. Looks like drunk Lind is still a force to be contended with

12:13 AM

 
Blogger Joel Swagman shared...

PS, how did the test and quiz for your Cicero class go? I've been curious.

7:46 AM

 
Blogger lucretius shared...

I wrote the test for my own students, who didn't do horribly, but also didn't do excellently--C's were abundant. I haven't gotten my quiz back, but I don't anticipate a very high grade. On a more positive note, my Latin IA students did an excellent job on the National Latin Exam, which always makes me feel good.

12:25 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home