και συ, τεκνον; Аргументьі и Фактьі.
"But the liberal deviseth liberal things; and by liberal things shall he stand."
—Isaiah 32:8

Tuesday, April 04, 2006

θεραπαινα
too much crazy

Poor Jennifer Aniston. Miserella.

Rappaport explained she was curious about the wedding rumors, saying, "When you hear about an $8 million wedding, you'd like to be invited."

"And now you won't be," quipped Keener, drawing laughs from Rappaport, Aniston and Cusack.

I don't really care, however, I am out of control of my emotional life. I'm merely blogging for my own mental health these days, which happens every spring, so whatever has preceded or will postcede this entry is a complete waste of time.

I have the most wonderful spouse in the universe. I am not bragging. I am practicing gratitude.

What the hell has happened to me. I used to know such cool people.

Practicing gratitude, practicing gratitude. The thing I appreciate most about my job is the perspective it gives me. I know I came from the same place that most of my students do. In fact, I'm in the same place as they are, I've just learned more trivia than them.

I almost threw some students out of the window today. Students think the word "Mexican" is a joke. As in...

MR. LIND: What does this word mean?
STUDENT: Mexican!
OTHER STUDENTS: (laughing under breath)
MR. LIND: Ohmygosh I want to throw you out the window! Are you stinking kidding me! That is the most racist thing I have ever heard! You guys think just by saying the word "Mexican" that it's a big joke. What if I say, "American!" (slaps knee and laughs like an idiot) Oh that's hilarious. Oh, here's a better one, "White People!" (slaps knee harder, continues insincere laughter) This is ridiculous. When you say Mexican, and you laugh, it's because you are associating Mexicans with whatever negative qualities you associate with Mexicans. That's called racism. (in head jackasses!) Seriously, when Ovid says, "rident stolidi verba Latina," he means that laughing at someone else because of their culture is ignorant. It shows a lack of knowledge. He calls it "stupid!"

God bless America. Do you ever get the feeling that all the news is always the same!

1 helpful remarks:

Anonymous Anonymous shared...

The news does have a tendency to cycle and so your anecdotes of teaching made me think of this. http://education.guardian.co.uk/higher/news/story/0,,1746473,00.html.
Be careful with your views, son.There's always some fucker waiting to crucify you for them.

11:51 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home