και συ, τεκνον; Аргументьі и Фактьі.
"But the liberal deviseth liberal things; and by liberal things shall he stand."
—Isaiah 32:8

Saturday, March 04, 2006

one absolute solar-powered spring break

I do have spring break this week, but I don't. This is the lame spring break—the spring break from UVula (that's an abbreviation for "Universitas Virginiensicula"). This spring break means I don't have to meet for Cicero class on Wednesday and the gym schedule is all "F-ed" up. (I'm just speaking to my people; don't be hatin', be appreciatin'.)

However, it is also exam week, so it's sort of like a week in funky-town. I have to re-write my exams from last year, but as far as I'm concerned, they're grrrrreat (to quote Tony the Tiger). I can't wait until next year, when we only have to give two exams a year. It is going to be wonderful.

I think this whole exam thing is a perfect illustration of my favorite motto, "Because none of us is as dumb as all of us." (I believe that would be rendered in Latin as, "enim tantus stultus nemo nostrorum est quanti omnes sumus.") So, our school used to only give two exams. Then, someone thought that they should give three shorter, non-cumulative exams, to make life easier. Then someone demanded that the last exam be cumulative anyway. So, now finally, we are going back to only two exams, with the last one being cumulative.

However, to ameliorate my attitude about all of these things, my solar-powered battery charger just arrived, so that I can turn my new mp3 player into a lean, green, hippie music-playing machine. Of course, I guess that would require that I listen to free Grateful Dead downloads on it, but you get the point. Of course, now I need a cool battery case to hold all of my solarly recharged batteries.

Anyways, I think having more than one spring break violates God's plan. Clearly, there is one God, one faith, one baptism, one Lord, and thence there should only be only one spring break. The requirements of absolute truth demand it.

However, today, I discovered, not that I wasn't aware of this already, that liberals can be just as absolutist as conservatives. Check out this website.

http://www.revjanespahr.org/

This is the quote that concerns me, spoken like a concerned grandmother scolding her naughty children, "Maybe We're Talking About A Different God." I thought that the whole point of Protestantism is that we all revere the same deity, but as if through a glass darkly, the glass having been splintered like a broken jar. In my mind, this sounds curiously like anathematizing one's enemies.

But, I digress. However, I'm playing poker with the Neveroosky tonight. Maybe he'll have heard about this movie. However, all that aside, I am still laying down the challenge for the Sixth Doctor to come down here and play Magic: The Gathering with me. (Or is it against me? Only time will tell. That or G.W.B. POTUS 43, Grand Vizier of the Skull and Bones society. Get it, either with me or against me? I'm just too darn funny for y'all's own good.)

0 helpful remarks:

Post a Comment

<< Home