και συ, τεκνον; Аргументьі и Фактьі.
"But the liberal deviseth liberal things; and by liberal things shall he stand."
—Isaiah 32:8

Monday, August 07, 2006

the only white man in America

When Michael Moore proclaimed on TV Nation that he believed OJ didn't do it, he was probably the only white man in America to be willing to make that statement publicly. Of course, Moore has little to fear from the establishment. Even if they sent him to Gitmo, he could hunger strike for weeks before resembling a normally overweight person. Forget about Celebrity Fit Club, that would be the greatest thing to happen to him since the first secretary did her job and called security on him.

However, I would like to say that I believe Floyd Landis. Of course, this will open me up to charges of racism--Why didn't I defend O.J., Kobe Bryant, or Barry Bonds in their hour of need? I would suggest, though, that these allegations against Floyd Landis are quite incredible? In his own words...

Floyd speaks for himself
"I put in more than 20,000 kilometers of training for the Tour. I won the Tour of California, Paris-Nice and the Tour de Georgia," Landis said. "I was tested eight times at the Tour de France, four times before that stage and three times after, including three blood tests.

"Only one came back positive. Nobody in their right mind would take testosterone just once. It doesn't work that way."

Of course, being presumed innocent until proven guilty never really worked, not even if one hired Johnny Cochran. However, Landis seems to be the only one making sense. Floyd, tell us more.

"I don't know exactly what the truth is," Landis said on NBC's Today show. "The problem here, though, from the beginning was the fact that the people doing the testing didn't follow their own rules and their own protocols and made this public before I had a chance to figure out what was going on, and I was forced in the press to make comments before I could get educated on this."

Of course, I may be backing the wrong horse on this one, but if Floyd is wrong, then I don't want to be right. What I mean is if he's lying he deserved what he gets, but it just doesn't make any sense. It's the most ridiculous allegation of doping I've ever heard, and I hope that at some point we learn why and how it was made.

1 helpful remarks:

Blogger Joel Swagman shared...

I haven't been following this story, but based on what you've said I've got to argree with you. It doesn't make any sense

11:11 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home