και συ, τεκνον; Аргументьі и Фактьі.
"But the liberal deviseth liberal things; and by liberal things shall he stand."
—Isaiah 32:8

Friday, July 28, 2006

I'd like to recant something

Holy balls...ok, nevermind. I had no idea that Israel was going to go this far. I take back what I said about proportional or justifiable. I've been intending to write this post for days, but even Bush beat me to the punch on this one.

The BBC's world affairs correspondent, Nick Childs, points out that Mr Bush also emphasised how troubled he was by the mounting casualties,...

She's a bit mannish.However, what gets me is the man comforting this "woman" in this picture. First of all, they both look like Jon Stewart. Secondly, it looks like the "man" is fondling the "woman's" boob. Thirdly, is this the most sympathetic group of Lebanese the BBC can photograph in Tyre? I thought the number one rule of tugging at our heartstrings was finding the refugee equivalent of Angelina Jolie or Haley Joel Osmont with a limb blown off. Preferably a leg discreetly covered by pants. That way they can have the Tiny Tim thing going on.

1 helpful remarks:

Blogger Joel Swagman shared...

some very, um, unique observations

12:29 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home