και συ, τεκνον; Аргументьі и Фактьі.
"But the liberal deviseth liberal things; and by liberal things shall he stand."
—Isaiah 32:8

Friday, April 28, 2006

θεoφανεια
hebdomas Ditis

(For Joel: hebdomas Ditis="the week from hell")
Yes, this is my reward from frittering away my Spring Break. However, I would like to blame the universe.

The Word of the Day was "theophany." I've always thought that I could start a cult, if I wanted to. Of course, that is pure bluster, I'd probably be a horrible cult-leader. No one would even touch the kool-aid. However, the reason I've always thought that is because people are desperate to have the right answers. They're so desperate they're willing to believe the most inane things. Things involving Lord Xenu or angels leaving golden tablets in upstate New York. At least Mohammed merely claimed he received a vision, there was no need to offer any sort of modern empirical evidence. Faith used to be its own justification. Now, people look to faith in order to have the "right" answers.

Well, Jaimee told me I could wear jeans today, so that's my excuse. Of course, if I hadn't stayed up until 2:00 in the morning finishing my lesson plans, I might not be in such a surly mood. At least I was able to work out yesterday. Spring has not been good to my salus lately. I guess I used to wish that life was leading me to some sort of more meaningful daily existence. Now I just wish that life leads me to around 7 or 8 hours of sleep a night.

pax omnibus!

1 helpful remarks:

Blogger Joel Swagman shared...

Hey, thanks a lot man. You know I love those personal shout outs :)

Seriously though I hope your week gets better. I'm pulling for ya!

1:54 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home