και συ, τεκνον; Аргументьі и Фактьі.
"But the liberal deviseth liberal things; and by liberal things shall he stand."
—Isaiah 32:8

Tuesday, September 13, 2005

first person

Share the RoadThis morning I saw a new sign while biking to work that had a picture of bicycle and said, "Share the Road." I think they put it up just for me...and all the Hispanic day laborers who live in the trailer parks near my job.

So, in that same vein, I am not going to say anything critical about Mr. Bush today. Wow. I'm dumbfounded.

"Katrina exposed serious problems in our response capability at all levels of government, and to the extent that the federal government didn't fully do its job right, I take responsibility."

Since Bush is stepping up to take responsibility, so shall I. Come one, come all. If you live within driving distance, you have no excuse (except if you already lavished some aid agency with a new mobile kitchen or rescue helicopter).

http://www.evite.com/mateo_lind@hotmail.com/partay/

5 helpful remarks:

Blogger SN shared...

i was getting so excited about carnivorous grilling at the Linds, until i realized you don't live in GR....Charlottesville? How'd you end up out there?

9:12 AM

 
Blogger Judith shared...

Hey, I donated money to Best Friends for rescuing my cat from my home in New Orleans. Now I can complain all I want. From the local to the state to the federal government, no one communicated; everyone panicked. Nice Office of Homeland Security. And why is Rep. William Jefferson, who is under investigation by the FBI for bribery, commandeering National Guard helicopters to go check out his property? Huh?

11:22 AM

 
Blogger SN shared...

um......why am i the "hoary tabernacle?" hi matt :)

12:50 PM

 
Blogger lucretius shared...

Hoary, as in, "flecked with gray;" tabernacle, as in "tent." I changed it to January sky to be less and more explicit.

I ended up in Charlottesville due to a healthy admixture of providence and irony.

12:40 PM

 
Blogger SN shared...

oh no! you didn't have to change it! i actually liked the name...i was just hoping you weren't saying i was "ancient...gray with age" then i would cry. -SN

8:34 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home