και συ, τεκνον; Аргументьі и Фактьі.
"But the liberal deviseth liberal things; and by liberal things shall he stand."
—Isaiah 32:8

Wednesday, August 24, 2005

a vivid sense of illusion

Well, I guess I have no other excuse. I spent all summer wondering why other folks couldn't manage to update their blogs hourly, and now here I am feeling like I've lost touch with the great lights of the blogosphere. Seeing as I've stayed up until 2:14 in the morning doing "work," I feel I ought to finish the evening with some reflections.

The rather ironic thing, however, is that I spend all day thinking, "Gee, such-and-such would be a thoughtful [read "boring"] or informative [read "narcissitic"] thing to write about in my weblog." However, when it comes down to brass tacks, I'm really a total poseur.

Since I spent my evening listening to the BBC World News I now have two major insights.
  1. Some believe that the area in southern Iraq between the Tigris and the Euphrates was the original garden of eden.

  2. Pat Robertson is a grade "A", class "1", garden-variety, religious bully.

I mean, are we supposed to take anything the right says seriously? As Jeff Gannon might have said, "How are we supposed to work with people who have divorced themselves from reality?"

0 helpful remarks:

Post a Comment

<< Home