και συ, τεκνον; Аргументьі и Фактьі.
"But the liberal deviseth liberal things; and by liberal things shall he stand."
—Isaiah 32:8

Monday, February 28, 2005

Magnanimity

Now, I had two very humbling experiences today. I do not claim to be the greatest living Christian, or even someone after whom one would model his or her life. However, I woke up this morning feeling quite guilty about an orgy of posting that may or may not have been done on a certain UK website that has been a source of some controversy amongst my circle of college internet friends. As I checked Phil's blog, there was a cease and desist order, that I will admit, in greatest part, applied to yours truly.
After an e-mail exchange with the aforementioned friend, I was convinced that I had, in fact been somewhat guilty of a transgression, which I may mention, was a repeat of a past bad act in the sixth grade, when I pounded the snot out of a fellow classmate who kept stealing my chalk and mocking me during an inside rainy day recess. I feel even worse about that incident, because I was such a brown-noser, I got off scot free without any punishment, and my verbal assailant received hard time in "DT--as we called it back in our heady elementary school days.
Anyways, as I returned home this evening from a pleasant snow-day party with fellow teachers, I realized that Mr. McShot, on whose behalf I had expended a tremendous amount of energy hating, had been the bigger man, and offered me an olive branch with a few, quite fair rebukes. I do agree that we bloggers take ourselves way too seriously, and my only real issue with Mr. McShot is not his blog, which in and of itself can be fairly amusing at times, but his unwarranted attack on my dear friend and committed Jesus Freak, Phil Christman, who believe it or not, was actually born with that name.
As a demonstration of good will, I am going to post a permanent link to Mr. McShot's website in a brand new category I will call, "Constructive Criticism." I will also post his testicularily complimentary picture above. I wandered the internet for a few minutes looking for an image that would enhance Mr. McShot's website, in which I failed miserably. Then made a lame attempt to make his semi-automatic-toting picture sexier, when I realized that I was so pennyloving cheap, I have five programs in which to edit pictures, and I can add text in none of them.
Anyways, Mr. McShot, I will find something appropriate at some juncture to match your gracious reference to my balls, and I want you to know that I genuinely appreciated the olive branch which was extended to me via the internet. I am sorry that I myself was not able to be exhibit the self-control which would've allowed me to avoid being a total jerk. I hope, that in the future, we will enjoy the learning opportunities which our blogs extend to each other.
As a final note, to quote the Beavis and Butthead Movie, which Andy Hoogheem forced both Phil Christman and I to watch my freshman year, "He said extend."

2 helpful remarks:

Blogger Snotty McShot shared...

Well, this has been an unexpectedly uplifting internet experience. Glad you saw the funny side of the picture - it looks well up there, even if I say so myself.

But hey, uh, do you mind if I change the Department back to its orginal layout soon? It's looking a bit stupid right now, what with the butterflies and whatnot.

5:18 AM

 
Blogger Andrew shared...

Goodness: that's my legacy? To have gone out and proclaimed the gospel of Beavis and Butt-head to the four corners of the earth?

Well, I'm surprised, but I can't say I'm disappointed.

Thanks for the shout-out, in any case. Good to see you've kept your sense of humor and your left-leaning politics!

11:44 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home