και συ, τεκνον; Аргументьі и Фактьі.
"But the liberal deviseth liberal things; and by liberal things shall he stand."
—Isaiah 32:8

Monday, February 28, 2005

Good humor and semantics

I am very happy about school being cancelled today, and it looks like it will be cancelled tomorrow. However, this also means the library is closed, so if I want to watch TV while grading quizzes, it's Guiding Light or paid programming on PAX. Sometimes PBS has really neat educational programming on during the day. By sometimes, I mean, once in a blue moon. I did watch at least an hour of Slim Goodbody today while grading, though.
Anyways, it is good to have a sense of humor about oneself, and I found this story about Halle Berry to be quite refreshing. Also, there was a great piece on NPR this morning about arguments over semantics in political reporting. By the way, the Frontline piece referenced in that article, "The Persuaders," is definitely worth watching online, if you have a broadband connection.