και συ, τεκνον; Аргументьі и Фактьі.
"But the liberal deviseth liberal things; and by liberal things shall he stand."
—Isaiah 32:8

Friday, October 28, 2005

The Roman Soldier

Mucius Scaevola

Surely anyone who goes by the nickname "Scooter" even though he has a perfectly serviceable first initial will gladly take a bullet for his perceived protectors. However, I can't wait to see the mugshot. This week A Word A Day's theme has been concepts for which there actually is a word. So my question is, can we sum up the phrase "badly-concealed schadenfreude" with a polysyllabic Hellenism? To sum it all up with a homespun Southernism, "Don't pee on my leg and tell me that it's raining."

Excuses for being less prolix than usual.
  • Mothers-in-law (my wife's and my own) are visiting.

  • Parent Teacher Conferences--"How can I put this delicately?"

  • New Member's Class--We're joining a church in Charlottesville...finally!


Merry Fitzmas to all, and to all a good night!

1 helpful remarks:

Blogger Joel Swagman shared...

well, okay, we'll let this one slide, but you better start being prolific again soon

4:10 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home