και συ, τεκνον; Аргументьі и Фактьі.
"But the liberal deviseth liberal things; and by liberal things shall he stand."
—Isaiah 32:8

Wednesday, July 20, 2005

I swear, I'm a tourist, not a terrorist.

So, Aub's wedding was fantastic, and it was great to see some old friends--shout out to all the Chicagoland area folks! By the way, Amy tells me that the Chuck-blog is actually based on a real person, however, some things on that blog are made up. She even promised to continue the adventure, however, I have a feeling things may take an entirely fictional direction. By the way, now that I have made a contract with a certain website, why not try and sell a graphic novel that Amy recommended on her comic art blog?
bookendSo, here's a hearty thank you to Mom, Dad, Greg, Grandma, and anyone else who helped with the shelving in my office. I think the bookend looks very sharp, especially with the plastic Wehrmacht behind it. I'm guessing it's a battle in Northern Italy now, what with the classical architecture and all.
The people on the plane were very curious what was in my box. Of course it looked like explosives, either that or beer. In the course of smalltalk with a fellow passenger with a Cubs hat on, this man mentioned that he had gone to Wrigley Field merely for the experience, regularly being an Orioles fan. chester arthurI replied, "Well, now you can die happy." Fortunately, the TSA did not whisk me away. Also, for those of you who haven't had the pleasure of seeing my new hairstyle, boy, do I ever look good. Someone on the plane said, "Chester Arthur...right?" When you put it that way, how could you ever be wrong?
Oh, I went to see the new Charlie and the Chocolate Factory movie with the fam. I was very creeped out by Gene Wilder in the original movie adaptation. I had that childlike sense of indignation when I realized that he was nothing like how I imagined him in the book. Johnny Depp was wierd in this movie, and equally different from my imagination, yet this one worked for me. However, if you work or live anywhere near children, wait to see this on the next bus trip or sleepover.

0 helpful remarks:

Post a Comment

<< Home